.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Garden Delights

A selection of thoughts and ramblings about life in the garden.

Friday, April 22, 2005

Foiled Again!

Well. Pushing the envelope may turn out to be a bad idea. Today it is incredibly cold and rainy. Feels kind of like winter again. So much for jump-starting spring.
I did go outside and wander the yard for a bit though. I found a few items to be noteworthy:
  • The wisteria is looking like it will put on a huge show this year. Prune, prune, prune means bloom, bloom, bloom.
  • Mother Nature planted me a surprise hosta baby. It is the most brilliant yellow with a deep green edge. Probably the offspring of August Moon and Austin Dickenson. I'll have to keep an eye on that one.
  • It appears as though two mini hosta that made no appearance last year have risen from the dead. It may take some time to identify them. Sigh.
  • The ferns Renee gave me have decided they like the one place I really wanted them-by the air conditioner. Imagine that! A plant that actually likes where I put it!
  • My Pink Turtlehead appears to have risen from the grave also. No sign of it last year, but there's a single stem showing now.

I could have found more suprises, but I was absorbed in trying to figure out what I can dig up and haul with me to my sister's in Albuquerque. New house, new yard, no plants. I aim to change that. The zones are similar...but the annual rainfall difference is a killer. But! Thanks to a city of Albuquerque website, I have a new list of plants to dig up. ( www.cabq.gov/waterconservation/pdfs/xeriplants.pdf ) Their plant list is quite extensive.

Rain, rain, go away

Lulu want to go out and play

in the garden.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home