.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Garden Delights

A selection of thoughts and ramblings about life in the garden.

Saturday, May 07, 2005

Precious Flowers in the Garden

Today I spent my time tending the most precious flowers in the garden.
Well...they don't live in the garden.
They mostly hang out at my house and eat a lot.
But today they were precious flowers. Today was the Senior Prom.
Talk about hustle and bustle! It kept me busy most of the day, picking up flowers, cleaning for the after-party, taking photos, and watching the grand parade to the buses.
I don't know who came up with this idea, but around here they take the kids off somewhere in charter buses for dinner and a dance. But before they leave, they all have to parade out to the buses past hoards of proud parents. It's quite a spectacle.
Today, the sky was blue, the grass was green, the trees were leafing out, and Mother Nature had graced us with an 80 degree May wonder.
And all the pretty flowers were out in force.
Red ones, orange ones, rainbow ones, silk and taffeta and sequins galore.
My personal favorite was the iridescent purple/blue one, shining in the spring sun.

1 Comments:

At 9:09 PM, Blogger Sue said...

I agree that the iridescent purple/blue bloom is the most amazing creation of all!

A proud aunt

 

Post a Comment

<< Home